We’ve committed to investing £1 million in a comprehensive new package of support for businesses.
The fund will be used to help strengthen the identity and distinctiveness of the independent quarter in a range of ways by supporting existing and new start-up independent businesses in the area.
We’re offering a range of FREE help including:
- A named contact in the council to help you progress your ideas
- Building improvement grants (up to 75%) for premises occupied by Independent businesses
- Equity grants (up to 25%) to help independent businesses purchase and occupy property so they can set-up their business in the area
- Bespoke business support for start-ups, SMEs, and established businesses
- Flexible occupancy agreements for independent businesses wanting to lease council owned buildings in the Independent Quarter
- Recruitment support tailored to help you attract and retain new staff through free advertising, interview support, and access to wage subsidies
- Mentoring from experienced business people and specialist training designed to meet your needs
- Introductions to businesses in your sector(s) and invitations to business networking events
Read more about the
Independent Quarter offer
in this ebook.
Who can get support?
Support is available to help new and existing independent business to set up or grow their business in Oldham’s Independent Quarter.
We don’t have a fixed definition of ‘Independent Businesses’, so we’re keen to hear from a wide range of businesses, not just retailers.
So if you’re an independent company or start-up in the creative or digital sectors, healthcare, professional services, or anything else, give us a call.
For more information, or to talk to us about your business, contact the Town Centre Team on: 0161 770 2077 or email@example.com